The worst is over! You have chosen a lender and real estate agent, you have found the home of your dreams, and your team has negotiated the best deal available for you. As a homebuyer, all you have to do now is sit and wait for your loan to close, right?
Getting a home loan is an interactive process. To help avoid any surprises while waiting for final approval, clients should consider the following do’s and don’ts.
Bart Swan and his team recommend that you keep your loan process on track by remembering the following:
• Do keep the process moving by responding to your loan officers’ requests.
• Do make decisions as soon as is reasonably possible.
• Do convey questions or concerns you have as they develop.
• Do continue to make all of your rent or mortgage payments on time.
• Do stay current on all other existing accounts.
• Do continue to work your normal work schedule with no unplanned time off.
• Do continue to use your credit as normal.
After you have been preapproved for your mortgage, refrain from falling into some of these common pitfalls, which can tie up your loan process, or worse, reverse the process entirely:
1. Don’t make any major purchases (car, jewelry, furniture, appliances, etc.).
2. Don’t apply for any new credit (even if it says you are preapproved).
3. Don’t pay off charges or collections (unless directed by your loan officer).
4. Don’t make any changes to your credit profile.
5. Don’t make unusual deposits into your bank accounts or move money around.
Follow these simple rules and you will help to make your loan closing as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Call me today for any questions you may have about your upcoming purchase.